Thursday, April 28, 2011

Mug Rug Swap Adventure

Well...I joined another swap!  Just like I said I wouldn't.  It is done now.  I have both sent and received and my partner has received so I am done.  No more for a little while at least!

This is what I received from my Flickr friend/partner "oneygirl".



What great color and the fabric line I love.  It is a large mug rug which makes it all the better.  Leona also sent me some purple fabrics for my stash and a great handmade mini kleenex holder,










For me this is the year of the Tula in my swaps!  First it was the Plume dresden for the DQS 10 swap...the Neptune Postage Stamp Quilt along, and now it is the Full Moon Forest Mug Rug Swap Adventure...................

Leona's wishes were for owls and Tula Pink so this fabric was perfect.  I used my favorite 6 minute circle to make this quilt.   Since this "mug rug" was more of a doll quilt I made an additional gift;


I just love these fat owls!





Another swap has come and gone and I always enjoy them.  I just need to stay out of them for a little while so I can get some stuff done!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat, my friend. Procrastinating my pretty little pouch project. I swear, I need to stay off of flickr for a few months and maybe I could finish something for myself!

    But the swaps are great fun. I get good stuff every time (so far, knock on wood!)...

    Am about to go down from 3 bees to just 2. That will help some...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 6 minute circles are perfect :) You're so crafty, Paula, I love all of your creations! I am in the pouch swap with Nikki and I've also put off making mine. My partner seems to be WAY more into knitting/crocheting and those creepy big-headed Blythe dolls than fabric and sewing... Hard to get inspiration when it feels like there isn't much to go on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't ike those dolls!!! Just make something you would love and your partner will like it too!!!

    ReplyDelete