Friday, April 6, 2012

Up Early

I am and have always been an early riser.  This morning a bit earlier than usual.  Five phone calls between 9 pm and 1am so on the last one I just couldn't get back to sleep.  So up I am, showered and ready to start and finish this Friday.  Oh, thank goodness it is Friday.  My job is overwhelming these days with another assistant come and gone in a matter of 6 weeks.  I am on the hunt for help again!  My New Years promise to myself of finding balance and working less this year has not come to fruition...yet!  It is still my goal.

On to better things...Doll Quilt Swap 12 is about to draw to an end.  I made this for my secret partner
It is a paper pieced log cabin block, actually 30 blocks and the quilt finished at 17 inches by 21.

 I am very happy with this little quilt and if my partner does not like it I hope she sends it back to me!  I sewed sparkly little beads in the center of each purple "flower" and sewed tiny buttons at the junction of each block.  I used a SID quilting pattern so as not to obstruct the look of the quilt.  I love it!

I put a fabulous Kaffe print on the back.  Need a label and then mailing and my deadline is Tuesday.

Now for the little quilt I received...   Isn't it wonderful?  Also a paper pieced project and I love it.  Jan made this for me!  Love the colors and the unusal design.....It is fabulous.

6 comments:

  1. Both are awesome with amazing colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. I so love the quilt you made for me. The paper pieced log cabins wer a lot of fun to do and I can always use the practice on paper piecing!

      Delete
  3. Both minis are really cute!

    Hope you're able to get some help at work soon. That makes life less fun. All work and no play...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki. I hope so too. Just need to make it happen somehow!

      Delete