Monday, August 1, 2011

It's Monday Again!

Where did my weekend go???  Seems like Friday finally comes and then I blink and it is Monday again.  It was a great weekend.  Went shopping with my niece for Back-To-School for my girl "Greats".  One 5 and it will be her first year in "Big Girl" school, and then one who is 4 and it is her first year in Pre-School.  So much fun.  What beautiful little girls they are.  While shopping we ran in to the boy "Greats".  All such great kids, I am truly blessed by them.

I got a little sewing done.  These blocks are work intensive
but I love how it turned out.

I learned a few things, as I always do.  The number of layers of fabric in the center of these blocks is
 far, far too many.  Think I will leave the last strip off the last 1/4 inch of the foundation and save that layer.  I love the way it turned out.  Really cute I think.  It is ready to quilt so I had best get to it.  It is for my partner in the DQS 11 swap.  Has to go into the mail mid August.  I have plenty of time.
I will then get busy on my "For the Love of Solids" swap.  Then I am swap done for this year,  I have several plans for gifts so I need to focus!

Speaking of swaps, if you ever join one please be involved.  It is so much more fun if you are.  I have had notoriously quiet partners in most of my swaps so far.  Everyone is busy, I understand, but really, don't join unless you plan to participate.  It is so much more rewarding for both of you if you do!

Happy Monday everyone!  Hope your week goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment