Sunday, March 13, 2011

Back to Work

I can't believe the weekend is over and it's back to work tomorrow.  We lost an hour of sewng time this weekend and I want it back!  Have to wait awhile I suppose.

I read on Cherry House Quilts blog last week about a baby/toddler charity quilt project for the Headstart program in Baltimore.  I thought making a couple baby quilts this weekend might be fun.  I pulled out a free quilt pattern that I had printed from the Oh Fransson blog.  It takes 38 charm squares and two 5 inch strips and 4, 2.5 inch strips to make the top.  It is the Charm Square baby quilt.  Anyway, I managed to whip up three....very easy pattern...

I managed to finish one and then the other two are waiting for binding.  All will get a wash and then head off to Baltimore.  I used a Sweet Baby Jane charm pack and I love that AMH Garden Party backing that I used.  The flowers are huge and I really like it.
This one is from a Moda Tiddlywinks pack.
And of course a little Tula Pink Nest with a swirly blue backing. 

It was a good weekend.  I'll finish these up tomorrow as I have the Scrappy Bee block and some dresdens calling my name.  Have a great week.

2 comments:

  1. You are fabulous! I can't believe you made three of them too!!! The children will surely love them. What a wonderful way to spend your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you whipping stuff out!!

    ReplyDelete