Saturday, March 19, 2011

Something New

This is where it began.  I had this pile of fabric sitting on the table next to my chair for the past few weeks.  I just wasn't sure what project this fabric would complete.  I matched up that blue with Azure on my Kona color card.  I recently bought a pdf pattern from That Girl That Quilt for Serendipity.  It was a match made in heaven.


Carla Timberlake...Lollyquiltz recently blogged about her version of this quilt and it is fabulous!





This is what the pile looks like now after being cut into the appropriate sized pieces.  I whipped out the old June Tailor Shape Cut Ruler and made quick work of this fabric.  Now for the piecing.  I have barely just begun...and already I think the blocks are wrong.  Get that seam ripper out.



I am questioning the blue now but I think it will be fine when all is said and done.

If not....it will be a nice gift for  someone!!
Back to the drawing board.

1 comment:

  1. Paula,
    Love the colors, and fabrics. I'm sure it will look incredible.

    ReplyDelete